This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
Renter & Home-Buyer Protections
- Create a national Home Buyers' Bill of Rights.
- Convene federal & provincial regulators to develop a national action plan to increase consumer protection & transparency in real estate transactions.
- Deter unfair rent increases.
- Require landlords to disclose on their tax filing the rent they receive pre- and post-renovation, & implement a proportional surtax if the increase in rent is excessive.
- Immediately appoint a Federal Housing Advocate.
- Place a national moratorium on evictions until the pandemic is over, & for a reasonable time after, in cooperation with provincial governments.