This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Establish a Canada Water Agency in 2022, working with partners to protect freshwater resources, incl. by developing & updating river basin & large watershed agreements.
- Modernise the Canada Water Act.
- Implement a Freshwater Action Plan with $1B over 10 years.
- Invest $37.5M in the Experimental Lakes Area.
- Offer municipalities means to manage & regulate boating on their lakes & rivers.
- Support the completion of the Canadian Wetland Inventory.
- Provide funding for watershed protection.
- Work with governments to end raw sewage dumping.
- Reinstate the Lake Simcoe Clean-Up Fund.
Create a dedicated, long-term funding programme for water infrastructure.