This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Strengthen the Pest Control Products Act.
- Invest in further government & independent science, including water & soil monitoring & on the cumulative effects of multiple pesticides on health & the environment.
- Ensure the impacts on wildlife are fully considered.
- Support food producers who choose alternative pest management approaches that reduce the need for chemical pesticides.
- Set targets for reducing the use of pesticides in agriculture.
- Assist farmers in moving to organic & regenerative farming.
- Revive & expand the National Pesticides Monitoring & Surveillance Network.
- Create an adverse effects reporting database for doctors & emergency rooms to track health impacts of pesticides & other chemicals.
- Ban neonicotinoid pesticides.