- Train 1,000 new community-based firefighters.
- Work with provinces & territories to provide firefighters with needed equipment, including Canadian-made planes.
- Support & expand Indigenous-led fire crews & build capacity to better incorporate Indigenous traditional knowledge strategies in fire management.
Invest in forest health and wildfire prevention & early detection.
- Create fire breaks & fire suppression.
- Provide physical resources to deal with fires quickly.
- Include fire mitigation subsidies to owners of rural properties, allowing them to better manage the health of their forests.