This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Extend the Canada Recovery Hiring Program to 31 Mar, 2022.
- Help small & medium businesses adopt new tech.
- Increase the Small Business Financing Program maximum loan to $500K, extend coverage to 15 years for equipment & leasehold improvements, & expand eligibility to non-profits.
- Provide loans of up to $200,000 for small and medium businesses in hospitality, retail, and tourism, with up to 25% forgiven and similar terms to CEBA loans.
- Make BDC loans accessible to small businesses.
- Fix the mortgage stress test.
- Continue wage and rent subsidies for small businesses until they're able to fully reopen after the pandemic.
- Put in place a hiring bonus to pay the employer portion of EI and CPP for new or rehired staff.
- Cap credit card merchant fees at 1%.
- Extend wage & rent subsidies until pandemic-related restrictions are fully lifted.
- Hold the small business tax rate at no more than 9%.
- Eliminate duplicative tax filings.
- Streamline approvals for Small & Medium Enterprises to adopt technologies.
- Subsidise the implementation of new clean technologies across all Small & Medium Enterprises.