- Raise corporate income taxes on banks & insurance companies who earn more than $1B/year, & introduce a temporary Canada Recovery Dividend for those companies to pay.
- Require anyone who qualifies for the top tax bracket to pay at least 15% per year, regardless of deductions & credits.
- Tax luxury cars, boats, & planes.
- Eliminate flow-through shares for oil, gas, & coal projects.
- Tax vaping products.
- Make the Taxpayer Ombudsman an officer of Parliament with order-making authority.
- Launch a review of the tax system to improve competitiveness, reduce rates, and simplify rules.
- Revise CRA penalties.
- Allow businesses with less than $60k in revenues to use simple cash accounting.
- Study introducing new taxes on frequent flyers, non-electric luxury vehicles, & second homes.
- Introduce a temporary 15% tax on large corporate windfall profits during the pandemic.
- Pursue large corporations that used wage subsidies to pay executive bonuses or shareholder dividends.
- Increase the capital gains inclusion rate to 75%.
- Increase the top marginal rate 2pp.
- Introduce a luxury goods tax.
- Introduce a 1% wealth tax on those with over $10M.
- Return corporate income taxes to 2010 levels.
Place a 10% tax on sugary drinks.