This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
Scientific Research & Exp. Dev
- Reform the Scientific Research & Experimental Development Program.
- Add 1K Canada Research Chairs to attract top talent at Canadian universities & support graduate research, focusing on improving gender & racial equity among Canadian faculty, promoting interdisciplinary research, & life sciences & biomedical research.
- Provide $75M/year fund for colleges & universities to commercialise research.
- Move administration of the Scientific Research & Experimental Development program from CRA to ISED, under the same group that administers IRAP.
- Allow ISED to issue a certificate of allowable deductions.
- Make it easier for software dev to qualify for SR&ED.
- Invest in scientific research.
- Implement the full funding recommendations from Canada's Fundamental Science Review.
- Increase funding for granting councils from $22.4B to $30B.
- Restore Climate Change & Atmospheric Research funding to the Natural Sciences & Engineering Research Council (NSERC).
- Support NSERC's Framework on Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion.