This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Support Indigenous-led processes to rebuild & reconstitute nations, advance self-determination, & implement treaties, & land claim & self-government agreements with oversight mechanisms to hold the federal government accountable.
- Support First Nations-led processes to transition away from the Indian Act.
- Support & fund the revitalisation of Indigenous laws, legal systems, & traditions.
- Train young Indigenous leaders, including through the Institute of Corporate Directors.
- Allow the First Nations Finance Authority to monetise government funding.
- Consult with First Nations to overhaul current funding models, with the goal of making it easier for First Nations to escape Third-Party Management, reduce red tape, and better incentives for moving towards block funding.
- Co-develop a National Action Plan for Reconciliation, including ensuring rights to self-determination & self-government.
- Support Inuit self-determination.
- Recognise Métis self-determination & pursue government-to-government negotiations on issues.
- Formally repudiate the doctrines of terra nullius, discovery, & others of superiority.
- Establish a process to transition from the Indian Act, based on free, prior, & informed consent.
- Implement the recommendations of the 1996 Report of the Royal Commission on Aboriginal Peoples.
- Work with Indigenous Peoples & their governing institutions on a nation-to-nation basis.
- Recognise the rights of non-status & Métis as Indigenous.