- Reintroduce a Disability Benefit Act to create a direct monthly payment for low income Canadians with disabilities ages 18-64.
- Develop an employment strategy for Canadians with disabilities, including an investment in the Ready, Willing and Able inclusive hiring programme.
- Create a new stream of the Youth Employment & Skills Strategy Program to support 5K opportunities/year.
Reduce the number of hours required to qualify for the Disability Tax Credit and the Registered Disability Savings Plan from 14 to 10 hours per week.
Work with Autistic Canadians to develop and implement a national Autism strategy to coordinate support for research, ensure access to needs-based services, promote employment, & help expand housing options.
- Work to create a Canada Disabilities Act.
- Support a national equipment fund for equipment such as wheelchairs & accessibility tools.
- Invest in social housing adapted as necessary to meet particular needs.
- Provide federal health transfer payments for provinces to direct to rehabilitation.
- Institute a Guaranteed Livable Income for people with disabilities.
- Make the Disability Tax Credit refundable.