- Make criminal procedure reforms to adopt virtual means such as virtual remote court proceedings & expanded use of the telewarrant process.
- Further support technological modernisation of federal courtrooms & tribunals.
- Support provinces & territories in digitising & modernising their court systems.
Increase funding for legal aid.
Work with provinces & territories to enact Clare's Law.
Update the Canada Labour Code to include 10 days of paid leave for those dealing with family & domestic violence.
- Make sure communities have access to funding for anti-gang projects to deter at-risk youth from joining gangs.
- Address racialisation by focusing on preventing youth from falling prey to violent extremism, including through support for community-led initiatives.
- Develop a 10-year National Action Plan to End Gender-Based Violence, beginning negotiations with provinces & territories within a year.
- Work with community-based anti-violence experts to track progress.
- Work with provinces & territories to support the development of specialised sexual violence courts.
- Deliver a National Action Plan to end gender-based violence, including funding to ensure shelter services & other programmes are available country-wide, especially in traditionally under-served areas.
- Improve police training on sexual assault.
- Require universities to develop plans to end sexual violence on campus.
- Work with women's & Indigenous organisations to develop a comprehensive plan of action, with a timetable & dedicated funding, to eliminate violence against women, girls, & gender-diverse people.
- Invest $40M over 4 years in the Shelter Enhancement Program.
- Increase funding for investigations & convictions in human trafficking cases.
- Require owners of assault weapons to either sell the firearm to the government for destruction, or have it rendered permanently inoperable at government expense.
- Set a maximum of 5 rounds for long gun magazines.
- Set aside a minimum of $1B to support provinces or territories who implement a ban on handguns.
- Ban selling or transferring magazines that hold more than a legal number of bullets.
- Work to keep assault weapons and illegal handguns off the street.
- Work to address gun smuggling and organised crime.
Introduce legislation within 100 days to combat serious forms of harmful online content, such as hate speech, terrorist content, content inciting violence, child sexual abuse material, & the non-consensual distribution of intimate images, making social media platforms accountable for the content they host.
- Clearly criminalise statements that encourage violence against people or identifiable groups, focusing on online incitement.
- Provide $25M to law enforcement to quickly investigate online threats of violence, hate speech, & disinformation campaigns by foreign governments or extremist groups.
- Require social media platforms to remove illegal content, such as content that incites violence.
- Convene a national working group to counter online hate.
- Make social media platforms responsible for removing hateful & extremist content before it can do harm.
- Fund data collection on the spread of online hate & real-world violence.
- Support research & development to improve AI solutions for detecting misinformation, hate, & violence online.
- Hold publishers of malicious disinformation to account.
- Invest in initiatives & partnerships to increase access to accurate information.
- Limit government to a regulatory role in monitoring & moderating online content.
- Develop a restorative justice model.
- Revitalise social, economic, physical, & mental health supports.
- Ensure prison is a last resort.
- Implement laws to reduce the incarceration of those with mental health issues through preventive measures.
- Develop clearer laws to reduce the number of people held in pre-trial detention.
- Mandate a Minister of National Security & Public Safety with addressing threats.
- Establish a permanent task force to address foreign interference.
- Pass a Foreign Agents Registry Act.
- Make it an offence for entities who have spent more than $100k in a year on political activity to receive foreign donations.
- Amend the Elections Act.
- Work with international allies to deal with threats to our national security.
- Enhance real-time oversight of security services, ensuring full respect for the privacy and Charter rights of all citizens.
- Strengthen protection for Canadians who are victims of foreign interference & threats.
- Give the RCMP's Management Advisory Board full oversight over the RCMP.
- Set clear timelines for RCMP compliance with the Civilian Review & Complaints Commission recommendations.
- Support an external review of the RCMP's sanctions & disciplinary regime.
- Make the Independent Centre for Harassment Resolution fully external to the RCMP.
- Work with governments to connect RCMP with social support workers.
- Conduct an immediate review of the RCMP's duties, & identify areas for detasking police & reducing spending.
- Reallocate funding to social & community services.
- Design & implement a more effective, transparent, accountable, & independent police oversight system.
- Review the Civilian Review & Complaints Commission.
- Create a national standard for independent & accountable oversight of policing.
- Immediately move to ban carding by the RCMP.
- Work with local partners across Canada to end carding in all jurisdictions.
- Review all information obtained through carding that has been retained by police, and examine how that information has been shared between the RCMP & other police forces & government agencies.
- Implement a federal use-of-force standard with a zero-tolerance policy for inappropriate use-of-force.
- Overhaul federal police training to ensure officers receive ongoing deescalation, implicit-bias, & cross-cultural training throughout their careers.
- Increase investments in non-police interventions, like mental health & addiction supports.
- Develop a national standard for police use-of-force.
- Work with other jurisdictions to ban certain kinds of force, such as chokeholds & neck restraints.
- Create a mandatory national database of police use of force, disaggregated by race, ethnic background, national origin, age, & other identities, to better understand the extent of systemic racism in Canadian policing.
Double funding for the Security Infrastructure Program, simplify the application process, remove the need to demonstrate risk, and allow funding to be used for a broader list of expenses, such as paying security guards and training volunteers.