- Require that everyone, regardless of location, has access to sexual & reproductive health services under the Canada Health Act, with penalties for non-compliant provinces.
- Create a portal for sexual & reproductive health info, w/ a section countering abortion misinfo.
- Provide $10M to youth-led grassroots organisations.
- Remove charity status for anti-abortion orgs that provide dishonest counseling.
- A Conservative Government will not support any legislation to regulate abortion.
- A Conservative government will include conscience provisions for healthcare professionals.
- Act immediately to make sure that people can access safe abortion services in all regions.
- Enforce the Canada Health Act to make sure provinces make medical and surgical abortion available in all parts of the country, without barriers.
- Provide a $100M top-up to the Safe Return to Class Fund for ventilation improvements.
- Provide $10M for First Nations to improve air quality in on-reserve schools.
- Provide $100M to the Canada Healthy Communities Initiatives, with $70M for increasing air quality & indoor ventilation.
- Provide a tax credit for small businesses who invest in better ventilation.
- Require all travellers on inter-provincial trains, commercial flights, cruise ships, & other federally-regulated vessels be vaccinated.
- Ensure vaccination of the federal public service.
- Launch a $1B Proof of Vaccination Fund to support provinces & territories to implement proof-of-vaccine credentials.
- Allow organisations to require proof of vaccination for employees & customers.
- Procure boosters.
- Prioritize signing contracts for booster shots.
- Accelerate homegrown development and production of vaccines by Canadian companies.
- Support the provinces with whatever logistical resources they need to deliver vaccines and booster shots.
Expand Medicare to include free dental care for low-income Canadians.
- Provide stable, long-term funding for the Public Health Agency of Canada to protect public health and be ready with surge capacity for future crises.
- Establish a crown corporation to produce vaccines in Canada.
- Ensure an adequate, responsible-managed stockpile of PPE, with an emphasis on domestic production.
- Protect the Chief Public Health Officer's independence in law.
- Create an intergovernmental rapid response task force, to be activated immediately when facing emergencies.
- Ensure robust capacity for pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Increase domestic production of PPE.
- Lessen overall dependence on global supply chains for essential goods & services.
- Strengthen the Global Public Health Intelligence Network.
- Provide long-term funding to the Public Health Agency.
- Invest an additional $6 billion to help eliminate health system wait-lists.
- Provide $3.2 billion for provinces & territories to hire 7,500 family doctors, nurses, & nurse practitioners.
Meet with the Premiers within 100 days to propose a new health agreement with provinces and territories, increasing the annual growth rate of the Canada Health Transfer to at least 6%.
- Provide $400 million over 4 years to support virtual care.
- Expand Canada Student Loans debt forgiveness to more healthcare professionals & increase the amount forgiven by 50%.
- Offer healthcare professionals a 1-time income tax deduction up to $15k over their first 3 years of practice.
- Increase federal powers to deduct funding from provinces who add extra billings for publicly insured services.
- Work with provinces & territories to reduce wait times and improve access to primary care.
- Work with the provinces to develop public infrastructure for secure, accesibile virtual healthcare.
- Identify coming gaps in health human resources, & make a plan for recruiting & retaining doctors, nurses, & other healthcare professionals.
- Reduce wait times, particularly for primary care.
- Support provinces in implementing new delivery models, such as telemedicine.
- Reinstate the 10-day waiting period.
- Require 2 fully independent witnesses to ensure a vulnerable person isn't coerced.
- Allow discussion of MAID only if raised by the patient.
- Disallow MAID for those w/ mental health challenges.
- Give opportunity to withdraw consent right before.
- Include conscience provisions for healthcare professionals.
- Provide free tampons & pads in federally-regulated workplaces.
- Create a $25M Menstrual Equity Fund for women's shelters, not-for-profits, charities, community-based organisations, & youth-led organisations to make menstrual products available to vulnerable women.
Work with provinces, territories, & Indigenous governments to end period poverty.
- Expand the Canada Health Act to fully fund a universal pharmacare programme.
- Create a bulk drug purcahsing agency.
- Reduce drug patent protection periods.
- Establish a clear timeline for implementing universal pharmacare, with a Canadian Drug Agency established and a programme covering a list of essential medicines launched in 2022, and a comprehensive programme rolled out by 2025.
- Call an immediate public inquiry into the government's pandemic response.
- Work with allies to support an investigation into the origins of COVID-19.